What do I do in case of an emergency?
– If it is a medical emergency or if it’s an emergency in which your safety or the safety of others may be in danger, please dial 9-1-1.
Click HERE for a list of Emergency Contacts, Links and Resources.
What is your cancellation policy?
– You will be charged the rate of a regular session if you do not attend a scheduled appointment or call to cancel at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
What is your rescheduling policy?
– If you need to reschedule, I will try to find you an opening the same week if available. Please try to keep your regularly scheduled appointment, as therapy is more effective if attendance is consistent.
My child was denied an assessment, can you help?
– Yes, I can help review the school decision and advocate for what you would like for your child.
How can you help advocate for my child?
– I can attend formal and informal school meetings as well as review documents so we can work on what you feel is in your child’s best interest.
How long does an assessment take?
– Each assessment is designed to meet the unique needs of the individual. The administration of just an IQ test usually takes about 90 minutes. A comprehensive assessment using several tests usually takes 2 to 3 sessions lasting approximately 2 hours each meeting.
What is an IEP?
– An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) is a document that is provided for students with special needs once they have qualified for special education services. It is a legal document that outlines a student’s educational/social/behavioral goals, objective and services. Direct and indirect services are available when a student qualifies for an IEP.
What is a 504 plan?
– The intent of Section 504 is to provide students with disabilities equal access to educational programs, services, and activities. Students with disabilities may not be denied participation in school programs and activities solely on the basis of disability. A 504 plan allows for accommodations and modifications in the classroom but is not tied to direct or indirect services.