Assessment & Services

Comprehensive Assessment

Your local school district can assess your child free of charge. If you feel your child has a disability that is impacting their school performance, then you can write your district or call them requesting an assessment. The district is required to respond to you within 15 days, either with an assessment plan or a denial letter. In the event you desire a private evaluation, then I can provide comprehensive assessments. I will provide you with a full psychoeducation report and offer recommendations based on your child’s unique profile.

Children that are bright also face unique challenges within the educational system. They need to be challenged and they also have an individual set of learning strengths and growth areas that should be addressed in their academic programming. I can provide guidance, insight, and recommendations based on your child’s specific learning profile.

College students are also sometimes in need of a full psychoeducational assessment in order to clarify learning needs to help gain support through the school they are attending. Often learning issues go undetected until after high school. I aide in gaining services through the college or university.

I can conduct comprehensive assessments for:

  • Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • Cognitive Deficits/Delays
  • Emotional Disturbance
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Giftedness
  • Kindergarten Readiness

If you have questions or concerns about whether your pre-schooler is ready to make the big transition to Kindergarten, I can help clarify this for you. I can provide you with information about your child’s pre-academic and early academic skills and his or her social/emotional development. This information will help guide your decision-making.

Guidance & Advocacy
I can also guide you in working within the public or private school system if your child has exceptional needs. I am available for consultation and can attend school meetings in order to help support you in advocating for your child.

Click HERE to learn more about Licensed Educational Psychologist.
Click HERE to view Emergency Contacts, Links and Resources.